Monday, July 28, 2008

the 24th. five mile fun run.


me, Jasmine and Leanne

my mom, Maryann, Makenna, me and Leanne

after just a week and a half of running everyday we did a five mile fun run. the week before I had hurt my knee and pulled a muscle. so the day of the run i was expecting pain. I wasn't disappointed. after just a mile my knee was pretty bad i couldn't keep my face from screwing up in pain. I made it to the second mile before I had to except it i wasn't going to make it all the way. so Leanne and I got a ride up until the last mile and ran to the finish line with relieve. as we came in i could hear the announcer say " she looks like she's in pain" he wasn't wrong. but hey i had made it if not all the way it was still a 5k and with only a week and a half of preparation thats pretty cool. i also came in third in my age group and so i got a meddle and some coupons to golden spoon. i was very proud of myself to complete the race and next year I'm going to finish the whole thing. I cant say i had fun doing it but I can say that I'm glade i did it i now have a meddle for running a race and thats something i never thought i would do.
I am happy to report that my legs are filling much better now as well I and walk without limping and it fills wonderful.

2 comments:

Jilly said...

It looks like you has some serious fun while you stayed with your Aunt!! I'm glad I had the chance to see you too!!!! Gabe missed out. But next time we're in Utah, we'll come visit :)

Whitney said...

Haha I'm sure you had tons of fun on the fun run!!!!
Do you think you'll do it again next year?